by Innessa Ray
Maybe someone out-there tries to figure out how to live life in joy and peace as I do. I do struggle to identify and demolish those blocks and preconceived ideas that delay my progress in life. My daily meditation practice continues to reveal all that needs to be addressed and perhaps, changed. Isn't that seems to be so long overdue for so many of us? Success might mean something different to each of us however; I find that it all depends on our mindset-how we feel about everything and anything. Mindset by definition means "the established set of attitudes held by someone." Example: "the region seems stuck in a medieval mindset". Aren't we all at some point feel stuck in our life?
You may have heard the famous quote from Napoleon Hill – author of the Classic personal development book Think and Grow Rich – who said:
“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
Well, the word "believe" might be too "external" in this context for many reasons. But, I am starting this blog because i want to share those real life experiences that are more internal and because I do benefit from those nuggets of wisdom that others shared. As they say in self-knowledge lies a great power, at least in being able to direct my own mind into a place where I can find comfort and grounding. Sometimes that's all you need to feel that everything is going to be OK or even better than OK. I keep exploring more on function of meditation, whereas unfortunately the form of meditation is practiced the most nova days.
Since we know our brain is plastic we can change and mold it in any way we wish if we desire so. Yet, changing our own mindset might be a laborious and confusing undertaking if approached from a wrong angle because, how do we know what we need to change while we are thinking along the same lines that we are so used to, or being in the same mindset we created all the issues we might be facing now? That is why practicing meditation will allow us to observe our mind activity, our feelings, and with patience and practice we will start seeing the light in how to handle our own mind and how to direct it. There is no magic, it is simply a mindset that is in agreement with your own being, a mindset that is ours not assumed as ours based on what we know about the reality of things. I hope my daily blog will help someone to find their Zen, as many of other writers and meditators out there shared their thoughts that continue benefiting me every day.
-See guided meditation tip for today.
Benefits of Daily Meditation:
- Meditation has been shown to have mental benefits, such as improved focus, happiness, memory, self-control, academic performance and more.
- Some research on meditation has indicated that it may have other health benefits, including improved metabolism, heart rate, respiration, blood pressure and more.
- More: Focusing on function of meditation is a great technique to help improve creativity. How? It makes you get in a very close embrace with your mammalian brain and reduce reactivity of the reptilian brain. Some will call it a side effect of meditation. But for reals, the meditation if done functionally can totally improve emotional intelligence as recent studies had shown. Start your MqDaily Meditation and see it for yourself.
Meditation tip: Observe
Sit back, relax, and take a transformative journey within. “Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.”
1. Find a quiet spot and sit comfortably.
2. Set your timer for 5 min. Make that 5 minute commitment to be totally present for your practice.
3. Take a few deep breaths and look around you.
4. Make your Intention today to drop all judgments. Make a conscious decision not to label or judge things as good or bad. Allow them to be as they are.
5. Mindfully (meaning pay attention to your breathing, feelings and sensations without analyzing anything just yet). Breathe and Observe for 5 min, and that is all to it for this practice.
If your mind wonders off, just bring it back with focusing on your breathing and simply being an observer to everything within and without. There is a Buddhist practice called Vipassana, where you do nothing but allow yourself be very aware and present to your immediate experiences, thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and the surroundings. Vipassana is a way of self-transformation through self-observation.
(in Theravada Buddhism) meditation involving concentration on the body or its sensations, or the insight that this provides.
6. Return to your daily activities, and reflect on your meditation experience.
You will be surprised to see how much you learn about yourself by simple observation and reflection. Knowing yourself will cultivate the mindset that will allow to see all those limitations and blocks that obstruct us from seeing all the possibilities which do exist and can enhance our joy and happiness, we just need to become aware of them.
We will be updating our blog often and would love to see you come back and practice with us. It is important to commit to daily practice in order to see the change you want. Make daily meditation an essential part of your daily activity and the results will follow. -Leave your comments here about your meditation experiences, questions, tips, and wishes...Will be happy to see all contributions.
Check our selection of Zen "cool stuff" and always fabulous MqArt pieces that induce that vacation sea-airy vibe. Our selection makes an absolutely unique and original holiday or special occasion gift. Treat yourself or your loved ones this holiday season with this hand picked gifts. Create that dreamy cave of your own where you can do whatever you want, or just meditate and be.